Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Crazy day.

Today was crazy. The snow was falling. The traffic was horrendous. You literally could not go more that 35km/h in your car or you would end up in a ditch or an accident. I think the snow finally stopped. According to the news, we haven't had a snow storm like this since 1974. That is just amazing. I actually like it too. Besides the fact that its absolutely freezing, I have this major urge to go tobogganing or tubing or both. :-) Work was way too slow. School buses were cancelled and although my daughter doesn't go on a bus, I decided to keep her home. Her school might have even been closed. There were too many to track so she lounged today. Believe me, she enjoyed it!

My computer went crazy as well. I have been here for about 5 hours trying to figure out what was wrong with it. My daughter was playing a drawing game and then all of a sudden the display features went into the lowest possible settings and my icons were so big I couldn't even get into all of them. Now, I'm thinking what the heck, but I went into the computer panel and then into display but every time I tried to go into the settings, my computer would shut down and then restart, looking like crap, and me still not being able to fix it. So I called up a friend-who is a computer geek(which is not a bad thing!) and he tried walking me through some things. He said he has never heard of such a thing happening to a computer before. Anyway, in the end he directs me to this site (my internet was still working). If my computer still would not function properly I was heading to his house in a day or two. So, I follow instructions. Basically, although my computer said there was nothing wrong and after panicking because I think I have a virus, it turns out that uninstalling and reinstalling my video card was what I needed to do. So thanks to Dave, my computer is up and running again. Yippee!!

No comments: