Tuesday, April 20, 2004

What do you do?

Have you ever let go of something, even when you didn't really want to? This weekend I let go of someone/s because I felt that I was holding them back. I have been praying about it and it seemed to me that God has something big in store for them and I was unintentionally holding them back. They stayed because I was there and they wanted to be there for me. I know they love me and I love them but I don't want to be the cause of them not moving forward in Christ because they feel 'obligated' or moved because I am in 'the picture'.

The scary thing is, I could be so wrong about what I am sensing from the Lord and I could have given up something that was good for me. I just felt that over the last little while, especially after one particular big event that they should be some place else and they were holding back and not fully listening to God because I was there. I don't ever want to be the person that holds anyone back from their true calling so I did what I thought was necessary and ended it. Oh God, I just pray I did the right thing and if not, please help me to correct it!!

No comments: