Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Every day is a good day.

It's a good day for so many reasons. Firstly the Leafs are playing their 4th game against the Senators tonight. The sun is shining and the sky is blue. The weather is in double digits. God has not given up on me. I'm struggling with a few things and I know He is in the process of helping me through them. My daughter managed to get her homework done without me being her shadow. :-) My son is extremely excited to go outside and ride his bike-which will happen within the hour. My mom has been attending church for the last few Sundays along with my sister. I saw a friend that I hadn't seen in over a year. Ok, well, they didn't all just happen today but I do realize that God is doing things in my life that at some point I had thought that maybe He just didn't want to answer. I am learning that God's time is not my time no matter how much I want it to be. His pace is very different then mine. I'm starting to learn patience. Now I do mean just starting, but it is a start. :-) I'm just happy. Happy is good.

I see this guy at work all the time and his life isn't so good right now. I don't think he has the Lord but somehow he always seems to be smiling and he is forever singing. He realizes that life is just what it is and he is content. I think we could all learn something from him: it's your frame of mind that determines what type of mood you are in. I learned that awhile ago and I seem to, at least on most days, be happy with who I am and what God has in store for me. Paul learned to be content and full of joy regardless of his circumstances - something we should all strive for. God is good!!

My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. IICor12:9

No comments: