Tuesday, February 24, 2004

I don't know why but God loves me!!!

I'm high and the feeling is so great I don't want to come down!!! Seriously, the feeling of God is marvelous. I don't know why today, but somehow I feel quite connected to the Almighty! I am in such good spirits and I don't want it to end. What a way to end the days of yesterday and the new beginning of tomorrow. Ash Wednesday is tomorrow, the day that starts the Lenten season.

I am feeling quite good leaving behind the things that I will not be using/doing over the next 40 days. Since I am to sacrifice something that is hard for me to give up I have decided that I most certainly have to give up movies. I watch so many and I can't get enough of them. When I go out to buy a movie I end up with at least 4, most of the time more. Even if I don't go out for one, I usually end up getting one. So, I am also not going to buy any over the Lenten season. Additionally, because movies are out, most likely I will turn to tv, (I don't watch that much but I know that I would if there isn't any movies to watch), so tv is out too. Also, I have decided once again to give up my computer. But I will be on once a week for no more then one hour to update and check email, most likely Sunday or Monday night. Last year my email went crazy because even when I told everyone that I would not be on they still sent a billion things. I am also giving up something else, but I am going to leave that between me and the Lord.

I want to really take away distractions and really really focus on the Lord. I want to grow with Him more than I ever have. I want Him to move in me. This is the year, I think! He has been stirring something in me for awhile and like I said I sometimes try not too hard to hear. It is very scary to know He is waiting on you. To know that He just might use you! Its what you want but, its still scary. A very big step in life. But I am going to listen and I am going to obey. Lets hope He doesn't give up on me. Its not in His nature. Thank goodness!!!

Hope you all have a great week, hopefully you will check in next week. I pray that your journey with the Lord be strengthened and that you will allow Him to move mountains in you.

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

P.S. I am still going to see 'The Passion of the Christ' although I am giving up movies. I already spoke with the Lord on this one and I think it will be a good way to start the Lenten season with Him.

No comments: