Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Food!!

You know, never say you hate something or make fun of someone because of what they are eating. I used to think that my sister, eating poached eggs was absolutely disgusting. I could never understand why someone would boil rather than fry their egg. Well, I finally caved in and tried it and wow, it really is good.

I used to be one of the most pickiest (if that's even a word) person, next to my brother. A few years ago I never would have eaten salsa, fish, lamb, etc. I wouldn't even try things, now I try most things and seem to like them, except broccoli and cauliflower - I still can't fathom why anyone would eat a tree. :-)

I get so nuts about food. My ninth grade teacher made a comment about pigs in the second world war and just from that statement I stopped eating pork. Only about four years ago did I cave into bacon. I still won't eat ham or pork chops. I read a book a few years ago about the beef industry. It talked about slaughter houses and ecoli. For a whole year I would not touch hamburgers. Only in the last few months have I started eating them again. Eggs even, I get really grossed out by the membrane. One time I was cooking an egg on the stove and I envisioned a chicken. I saw blood on the egg and I would not eat the egg I was cooking and I didn't eat eggs for at least five years . Only last year did I get over the trauma of the egg membrane. :-)

So, for me to start living and trying new foods is a huge step in the life of Angela. Thank goodness I am finally coming around. What kind of chef would I make if I won't even test my own food? :-)

No comments: