Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Really great day.

Just got in from a date with Melissa. Not a real date, silly! :-) I had a really good time. We went to see 'Wimbleton' and then went for coffee. We had a really good conversation that I wish could have lasted longer, but if you notice the time, it was getting pretty late. I really hope we can do this again really soon.

I also went to the admissions department at the college that I hope to attend in January. It's looking very real now. And I am getting pretty excited. I am still waiting on a few people to get back to me for reference letters and such but if it's God's will everything will come into order. I guess I am just a bit anxious to start the proceedings. It looks like it is definitely going to be fun. Hard work, but really cool. I will be taking a lot of Theology and Psychology courses. Did I say I can't wait yet? 'Cause I can't. In the end I will wind up with a Bachelors in Christian Counseling degree.

And I meet with someone from a youth group today. We actually never met before and after talking on the phone once, decided to meet for dinner. We had a very indepth, intimate conversation about our salvation and such. It was awesome. We really connected. This weekend I will be going on an encounter weekend with her.

I think I am finally coming out of my shell. Baby steps, but important ones. I have been wanting to go on an encounter for about a year now and never gotten up the courage to go. Here I am, finally going. Laura, the woman I met for dinner, is head of a bible study group. They actually call them cell groups and I will be attending a meeting too. Something I have also been afraid of doing. It really feels good to finally be going in the right direction and not being so afraid. Letting God take away my fear is really awesome.

Anyway, it's late I really need to get some sleep. So g'nite y'all.

No comments: