Friday, July 02, 2004

Happy Canada's Day!!

Canada Day was a lot of fun. Five of us went downtown Toronto to the Country Jamboree where my all time favourite country singer was performing. Actually, there were six singers, all from good ol' Canada. Two were up and coming stars with one or two songs that have been played on the radio and the best act was Paul Brandt. I absolutely totally love this guys music. I have four of his cds. It was totally awesome. The concert was free too. And I didn't have to pay for parking which seriously has been a first when venturing downtown. It was right on the beach and they had fireworks across the lake after the concert. This was probably the best Canada Day I've had.

Paul Brandt is a devoted Christian. And he broke out into the music industry approximately seven years or so ago. I have never seen him live until last night. He sounds amazing live. You know when you see a band or a singer and they sound better live then on a cd, and you think that it couldn't be possible because the cds are awesome. That was him. He is also a lot better looking close up then when I've seen pictures or tv appearances. I was impressed by his whole performance. It almost felt like he was playing just for you. How can you tell I totally enjoy his music, huh? ;-)

Anyway, we didn't get home until 11:30 or so. I can't wait to see him again live. Totally worth every penny. Happy Canada's Day everyone. I hope your day was as great as mine.

No comments: