Tuesday, November 11, 2003

What's been going on..........

We (as in my parents, a friend, and I) have been over at the new house painting. Yesterday I was there alone and I painted the downstairs ceilings. The ceilings were stucko(?) and I didn't realize how hard it was to paint. So, today my hands are quite sore and my arms are a little achy. My neck hurts a tad but my hands burn when I put them under water and I have a blister on my thumb. It was fun though. I was there by myself, listening to worship music, singing, and painting.

Hint: If a man ever offers to help paint, happily ask him to do the ceilings!! :-)

The house is coming along fine, except the house we occupy now is suffering. We are in the midst of packing, things are everywhere. Ahhhhhhh!! But all will be well, in a few weeks.

Tonight I went to art class. I wasn't planning on going. Firstly 'cause I am sore, secondly 'cause I am quite tired, and thirdly 'cause sometimes the class in more frustrating then relaxing. But, because of Melissa, (see we had this discussion today about me not going to class and she was persistant in me sticking it through), so although I was very comfortable on the couch I dragged my butt to class. And I am so glad I did. I finally started and finished a whole painting in the class. First one and its not that bad. As we are our own worst critic I will give myself the benefit of the doubt and say that it was all right. My mom liked it, but you know mom's, they are always complimenting. :-) So thank you Melissa for pushing me today. If it wasn't for your voice that I kept hearing in the back of my head I never would have went and finished a painting. So, again Thank You!!

Tomorrow I have the day off. Guess what I will be doing?? You are too smart!!! :-) Painting the new house, of course! With my little Matthew to entertain me as I do it and for me to chase him around so he doesn't touch the walls. Actually he has been quite good, for a three year old. He hasn't gotten paint on himself yet. (knock on wood!)

Anyway, I hope you have a great night!! God Bless!!

No comments: