Thursday, November 18, 2004

Excitement with Fear!

On Monday I got accepted into the Christian Counseling program at the Christian College. It was both exciting and scary. I find it funny how easily fear creeps into a situation. I have been looking forward to this since God showed me back in August. Now, as of January, I will be a student. This is exciting. Then I was afraid that because I had just switched jobs, the current one might change their mind because in less then two months my availability will be drastically reduced. But when I told them on Tuesday, all she said was 'I am glad that you were honest with me' and she continued to schedule my training hours and such. That was a relief.

The only other fear I have right now is the financial situation that I am in. Because I switched jobs, no real money will come in until I am actually on the floor. This has set me back a little bit. And I am going to have to take out a loan. Something which doesn't sound that bad, maybe to you, but, I already have financial constraints and to add to it would be crazy. I know God can do anything and it is His will that I go to school. I know that, I just have to trust that He will get me through.

Tuesday night's cell group was pretty good. Because we haven't been able to get together in the past two weeks, we basically talked about what has been happening in our lives. We prayed for one another and read from the bible. I think it is awesome that we can be so honest and upfront with our thoughts and emotions and no one criticizes. Actually on Tuesday, a new girl joined our group, Samira. I got a chance to get to know her a little because of the openness in the group and also because I drove her home. She is actually from Afghanistan and she is the only one in her family who is saved. She moved to Canada a few years ago and she finds it amazing how much God has impacted her life.

Everyone if you could please pray for Samira's family.

No comments: