Wednesday, December 15, 2004

What can you do when you live in a shoe?

Sometimes life is a bit hard for those who have children, especially from different fathers. Like Skye and Matthew for instance.

I had Matthew for the morning of Christmas the last few years so I figured it was only fair to offer Christmas morning to Jason. He would then bring Matthew home in the afternoon and I would get him for the evening. All is well, or so I thought. It appears that Shawn has to work both Christmas Eve and Boxing Day for some Islamic thing happening at the Skydome. And for him to pick up Skye on Christmas Eve would mean 11pm. Which of course, you couldn't ever let a child wait up that late for the comings of Christmas morning, so he won't be picking her up that night. It seems that in order for us both to spend Christmas with Skye, I would have her in the morning and he would get her for dinner. And Jason wouldn't change his time with Matthew because his whole family can be together for the first time. So, as you can see, my children will not be spending Christmas together!! And that totally sucks big time. They will have Boxing Day together but it is still not the same as Christmas. I guess it is my fault anyway, for doing the things I did in my past, and that is life. I just wish for one day, Christmas day, everything could be perfect for my children and me. As children they probably love having two Christmas', two sets of presents, two stockings, two parties etc.. But as adults we know better.

No comments: