Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Hi Y'all from Texas!!!

Hi Y'all. I am in Texas for training with American Airlines for two weeks. I arrived last night and had our first test this morning. It was a bit intense last night trying to get over jet lag and studying. There was a big build up regarding the test because it was a do or die situation. You had to pass with an 80% or else they turn around and send you back home on the next available flight. One person from the last group got sent home which sent this group in full alert mode.

Now that that is done, I can relax a little bit more. Now I know what to expect and what is expected of me. It's a little hard being away from everyone at home. I know that I will have a lot to do and my mind, hopefully won't go into sad mode.

The nice thing is that the weather is absolutely beautiful. It is like 20 degrees celsuis and I am loving every minute of it. It was sunny earlier and it is raining at the moment but I love the rain so that is a bonus. Plus they are feeding us too well. I am trying to watch what I eat but they offer so much here and it's all free. I have been trying to fill up on salad and turn down desserts but I will cave eventually due to the chocolate mousse cake factor. :-)

Things to look forward too:
-Going to Fort Worth on the weekend to maybe try bull riding and see some real cowboys.
-Going to get manicure and hopefully pedicure.
-Passing and working at the airport with amazing benefits.
-Going home to see all the people I love dearly.

No comments: