Tuesday, January 23, 2007

American Airlines here I come!

So I just got back from my second interview for American Airlines. This was the first job interview in many, many years that I was nervous going into. I guess I was nervous for a few reasons. This would be the first time in a long time that I have done something just for me, and yet the bonus is, it benefits a lot of others. Second, they basically said in the first interview that if you get a call for a second interview to be prepared to fly. Which then says to me, second interview means that you got the job. As I waited outside the interview room, I second guessed myself. I wasn't so sure that it meant I absolutely got the job and I didn't really prepare myself for the interview. I prayed, tried to relax, and after what felt like a long time, it was my turn to go in.

The two ladies that interviewed me were very friendly which definitely eased my nerves a bit. I answered and answered and then was graded. I was offered the job which was awesome. I felt so much relief. Probably because my dad wanted me to have this job so badly and I didn't want to let him down. Well, I didn't and so after a week of training at Pearson, I will be flying to Dallas, Texas to be trained for another two weeks.

This is really exciting! I have never travelled anywhere alone before, and although I will miss my two amazing kids, I am excited to be out on my own for two weeks. Now it is just a matter of working out the details with their fathers. I think they should look at it as an awesome opportunity to spend extra quality time with them. Something that isn't always so easy to come by. :-)

No comments: