Friday, October 13, 2006

Homeschooling

Well, I have been officially homeschooling my children for just over a month now. We had a bumpy start but everything is smoothing itself out. I find that I am liking being a teacher and although I don't know everything there is to know about every subject, the curriculum I chose makes it a lot easier than I imagined.

My children say they really enjoy homeschooling too! Besides being in the classroom, we seem to be doing more as a family. I am really glad that it is bringing us closer together. I am also finding out things from my kids that I never knew before, so it's a blessing that they are opening up to me more and more.

The one thing that I have found that seems to be getting increasingly difficult is that when my children have to go with their fathers for the weekend, my children don't seem to want to go. Once they actually go, the fathers say they are fine, but to get them out the door has been a challenge. I have also found that I have less and less time to myself which is a little frustrating when I have been used to a little bit more time to myself. I definitely appreciate the weekends that I have to myself(which are few are far between). One more thing that I have found is that I am growing closer to the Lord. I find this a little interesting because I have less time and yet I am finding more time for the Lord. Cool!!

Well, I am happy that I was led by the Lord into homeschooling. Sure there are challenges especially being a single mom but their are so many more rewards. It was a little scary getting started but getting peace from the Lord, being connected to a homeschooling group and knowing so many in my church homeschool their children, it has made the transition a bit easier. I definitely recommend it to anyone who has children.

No comments: