Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Defending the Faith!

Do you know what I am finding lately? I seem to have to defend my faith to so many people, who by the way, approach me and then when I speak truth it is like a button goes off in them and they go into attack mode. I try to stay calm, cool and collected while I take my stance but I know I am not perfect and I know it is only by love that they will see Jesus in me. I just don't get why someone brings up the subject just to try to rouse me to anger. I love Jesus and I will stand by His Word no matter who it may offend. The truth is the truth and it is Jesus himself who says he is the truth "I am the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6) I just pray I do it in a way that will plant seeds and change hearts.

On the flipside, I have others approach me and for some reason or another they just know that there is something different in me and want to know more about it. Which of course opens the door of discussion.

I guess I just have to always remember that whenever God wants to do something amazing re: save souls, the devil is always trying to stop it from happening. I see both, but God is the one who always comes out on top and the devil already knows he is defeated. Amen to that!

No comments: