Wednesday, May 25, 2005

The long weekend.

Well, I had a busy long weekend. It had its both ups and downs. It started off with me going all the way to my bible study to find out that is was cancelled. While I waited in the car, my mom calls and tells me to get home as soon as the study is over. I knew right away what she meant by that. My aunt who had been in the hospital had died. I headed home to find my sister, Darcy and the new baby Marcus there. So, getting to hold him for a little while made things much better.

On Saturday I had a bbq with a bunch of friends. It turned out really great. Everyone seemed to have a great time and the weather was perfect. We celebrated five of our birthdays - Richard, Hernan, Eric, Eugenie and Angela (that's me :-). My friend Jaime made the cake and it was awesome. We ended up having a water balloon fight and then the hose came out. It felt good to be in the company of great people.

On Sunday I had to drive up to North Bay for my aunt Marie's funeral. It was a nice little service in a united church. Being in a united church felt very weird. The things the pastor was saying was misleading and I wanted to stand up and tell her to tell the truth but I didn't. It was a funeral and that is no way to show love. But I was egging inside. After the funeral we headed to my cousins house. I saw some family I haven't seen in quite awhile. I wish that it didn't always have to take something bad to bring everyone together.

On Monday Skye and I headed down to Queen's Park for the Defend Marriage Rally. That was really cool. There were over 5000 people there. It was suppose to rain all afternoon but as the rally continued on the clouds parted, the sun shone through and the sky became this beautiful blue. Isn't it great to have God on our side? There were about 22 speakers from around Canada from different denominations, there were also Moslems and Sikhs. I find it quite weird that we are classed as inferior to the Moslems and yet they join with us for this cause. I guess I shouldn't be that surprised the bible talks about religions joining together. Something we as Christians would never have even thought could be possible and slowly it is all coming together. But anyway, that is a totally different topic.

I hope you all had a great weekend. God bless you!

No comments: