Sunday, December 03, 2006

'Tis the season...

Today we dug out the ol' Christmas tree and had a blast listening and singing Christmas carols while we decorated it. Usually the most frustrating part about the Christmas tree is the lights. However today, for some reason, we had almost no issues or annoyances with them. We decorated the fireplace too! This was a treat because we have always left it untouched. The house is almost ready for Christmas except due to time constraints and tiredness setting in we left the village, the stairs, and the ceiling for another day.

I have been in the Christmas spirit for a few weeks now. I absolutely love the Christmas season. I especially love the awesome display of lights that are in view for all to see as one drives up and down streets. Yesterday, after our annual Family Christmas Reunion on my dad's side, I met up with my aunt in Hamilton and eight of us ventured down to Niagara Falls to see the Festival of Lights. The most impressive part for me was the way in which they highlighted the trees as you drove through. The kids loved the Disney display of lights. That was nice too! The Disney castle, and the Beauty and the Beast display were the most impressive, as well as the 'Twas the Night Before Christmas story that was told threw a sound and lighting display.

Well, it's off to bed for me. It was a long weekend but a fun one and to top it off, it finally snowed here. Out of all days, the day we bring out the tree, the lights and the decorations. Fa la la la la, la la la la.

No comments: