Tuesday, March 22, 2005

It's almost been a week since I wrote last!! Holy Moly!

We celebrated my father's 53rd birthday today (and yesterday). We had a really nice dinner, both nights. My mom made a nice dinner for 15 people last night and because today was the official date we all went out to the Outback Steakhouse.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY! :-)

Earlier today I ventured to the Toronto Reference Library were I had to get some research done for a paper I am doing on 1Cor.13. This library is huge. It has five floors and you can get books dated way back to the 1800's, maybe even earlier. Anyway, I remember back when I was in college we had to do a bomb threat procedure on any building and I picked this library. The memories of college came rushing back and I kept thinking, a bomb threat! Wow, have my studies really changed since then. I wasn't a Christian back then and I never thought I would end up in the religion section, of all places. This has only been my second visit back to this particular library since the bomb threat procedure project. My first was only a week ago.

Time sure flies by so quickly. I remember when I was a kid and it seemed that the school year would take what felt like forever to end and now I look at the date and its already almost April, where did the year go? Where did the year go so far for you?

It is so sad to say but this year has been pretty hard for my family. We have already had two deaths, and three aunts and two uncles are either in or have been in the hospital. On a lighter note I got to share the message of Jesus to family members, my sister is having a baby which is due in April, my dad/brother/uncle and cousin are going to church on Wednesday, my cousin is getting married this fall, and lately we have been sharing a lot of family memories, which have been beautiful.

Cherish the times together because you really don't know when the big guy up there is going to call you home.

Love, embrace, share, laugh, cry and enjoy!!

1 comment:

lori said...

We've had years like that in our family, too.

I agree. ENJOY!